Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

tea and tarot

The Court Cards

Tea and Tarot... a perfect combination­. Enjoy a cup of tea, a slice of cake, and a peek into the mystic.

I’m not sure when my interest in the Tarot began but I know it was many years ago. As is tradition, a friend gave me my first deck and that was over ten years ago.

There are 78 cards in a classical Tarot deck, though the Tarot is actually comprised of 2 decks. These 2 parts are called the Major Arcana, comprised of 22 cards, and the Minor Arcana comprised of 56 cards. The word Arcana is Latin and means ‘secret’.

Every ‘reader’ of the Tarot will have their own style of reading and will interpret the cards in their own way. There are many meanings depending on where a card appears in a ‘spread’ and where it is placed in relation to other cards.

I started reading cards for myself. After a few years of doing this and attending a few workshops and the like I became confident enough to read for other people. The key for me was allowing myself to intuitively ‘feel’ the cards, to listen to my intuition and trust what I was feeling was accurate. Of course, there are no guarantees with the Tarot but the feedback I get is always positive so I must be doing something right.

It’s wonderful to think that in the present day, with amazing technology at our disposal and the constant buzz of communication all around us, we still turn to an ancient divination device when we are seeking answers.

I believe we all have a sense of knowing within us. Women are especially intuitive. Yet we are taught from an early age to dismiss anything that cannot be touched and proved. I think we can all access this knowing and turn to it in times of confusion. On Sunday 26 June mini Tarot readings will be available at £5. See you soon, Miss SOS x

Samples from the Major & Minor Acana



No comments:

Post a Comment