Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

Saturday night in

So, its Saturday night, I’m a girl about town with nowt to do.... Do I go out? Do I have a date? No and no. So, do I dial a ‘thousand numbers’ Donna Summer style? Nope, I bake. Tonight I thought I would test-make cupcakes in preparation for the tea party. I have spent a couple of hours in the kitchen and it has lead me to a startling conclusion.... I am a slutty baker! I probably shouldn’t be allowed within twenty feet of an oven. Too much mess, no technique, rubbish equipment, flour and sugar all over the place mixed with a large glass of vino!
Nigella, eat your heart out!

What is more amazing, is that what I manage to produce under such shabby circumstances, is really quite delicious! Being a slutty baker means that I cannot be sure of the results unless they are tasted and tested, so I tasted and tested 3 cupcakes and copious amounts of butter icing. Very, very nice. At this rate I will be 17 stone by August.
Add some caster sugar to your caster sugar and mix well...

To make scrummy cupcakes,  you need loads of sugar, slabs of butter, a few eggs, a bit of milk and a few other bits and bobs.... I can supply the necessary details if you’re feeling up to the challenge. Besides, how hard can it be? If I can do it, trust me, anyone can!
  
Ta-daaa!
I ate the rest....

Find your inner kitchen slut goddess!

1 comment:

  1. Ah well i did not even have the energy to bake last night and watched telly. Baked today tho (apple scone) and made gnudi for dinner. how productive!

    ReplyDelete